- Liens / Links
- Prisoners Justice Day
- Why a Week Against Prisons?
- Pourquoi une semaine contre les prisons
- Histoire de la journée de justice pour les prisonnières
- À Travers le Canada / Across Canada
- Bilan de la semaine contre les prisons 2012
- Report on the 2012 week against prisons
- 2011 California Prisoners Hunger Strike / Grève de Faim des Prisonniers et Prisonnières en Californie en 2011
Sunday, July 22, 2012
August 8th: Inside/Out: Celebrating the Life and Work of Marilyn Buck
Wednesday, August 8, 6pm-8pm
Casa del Popolo, 4873 Boul. St-Laurent
Marilyn Buck was an anti-imperialist, a feminist, an artist and a revolutionary, who spent almost half of her life in prison as a result of her participation in revolutionary armed movements in the united states. Amongst other things, she was convicted of helping to break Assata Shakur out of prison.
While incarcerated Marilyn developed uterine cancer; she was released on July 15, 2010, and died just weeks later, on August 3.
Join us now for a celebration of Marilyn's life, and a book launch for Inside/Out, a recently published collection of her poems, with readings by local Montreal activists, and brief talks about Marilyn, about political prisoners, women in prison, and resistance worldwide.
To learn more about Marilyn, see http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/profiles/buck.html
This event is a part of Montreal`s Week Against Prisons, August 7-12; for more information, see http://contrelesprisons.blogspot.ca/
If you can't make it, but would still like to get a copy of Inside/Out, the book is available from leftwingbooks.net at https://secure.leftwingbooks.net/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1076